Friday, October 17, 2008

Samudera : High Class Foods with Middle Class Price

I go to Anggrek Mall, West Jakarta, a few times a month. Usually I watch cinemas, buy some stuffs, or eat in some fast-food restaurant there. Why fast food? Because they are relatively cheap, taste friendly, and of course my favorites too. But it was a special day, my parents’ 20th anniversary exactly, at November 28 2007. So we went to Anggrek Mall to dine in Samudera Restaurant in the 4th floor (not Samudera Suki 3rd floor). Really it was my first time eating there. It is a buffet restaurant and focusing in sea and Chinese foods. A person costs around 80.000 rupiahs, excluding beverages, tax, and service. Well, it is pretty expensive for my wallet but who cares? My parents could afford it, haha.. So we booked a round table consists of 10 seats. My family was 7 persons that time.

So firstly I ordered a lemonade drink while seeing the menus. Wow!! Those were expensive and high class foods!! Crabs, shrimps with mayonnaise, eels, and many more!! And it is all-you-can-eat!!! So we ordered everything we wanted to eat and trust me, they tasted very delicious and luxurious!! Fortunately for Samudera, we brought 2 grandmothers who couldn’t eat as much as me. My stomach was very full before my uncle told me to finish some plates on the table, but luckily we did it. It was very worth-buying. My uncle had a Mega Credit Card so we got a 25% discount in the bill. 7 persons cost less than 600.000 rupiahs, including beverages (enough portion of course), tax, service, and discount. For those lines of wonderful foods, that price is cheap! Later I will ask my friends, much-eating ones, to dine in there again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! Dim sum di sana relatif murah dan enak... tapi gaya makanannya singapura sih yach?

kalau mau dimsum yang enak...
mungkin loe bisa pergi ke dimsum yang di hotel jayakarta... aduh gue lupa nama restorannya. pokoknya dari pintu masuk hotel jayakarta sebelah kanan yach uda di sana...

makanannya enak banget! harganya emang agak mahalan... cuma ada kiatnya koq kalau mau dapat makanan murah di sana,,,

ada happy hour, kalau gak salah senin-jumat jam 1-5 sore, terus hari minggu dari pagi jam 6 sampai jam 10 (hitungannya jam order yach, bukan jam duduk...)

lumayan dapat 30%, dan makaannya jauh... lebih enak dibandingkan sama samudra... hohoooo...